Thursday, May 14, 2009

A poem I wrote about a bug problem I have

The Boarders in My Basement
by Mrs. Steele

I have a major problem
That I’d like for you to hear
I have boarders in my basement
And the time is drawing near…

…For me to finally kick them out
They’re not paying the rent
They chew and crawl and have a ball
And leave an awful scent

There are pill bugs, spiders, beetles,
Creepy, crawly centipedes
You insects, listen caref’lly
To my warning take great heed

“I will crush you, stomp you, spray you
With my slipper, shoe, or glove
If you feel a shadow o’er you
I’M the monster up above”

They can’t scare me any longer
I won’t scream or shout or flee
I’m just calmly taking over
What rightly belongs to me

I’ll just sit back and get comfy
In my cozy easy chair
How I love the peace and quiet
AH! A BUG IS IN MY HAIR!!!

:)

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this poem. It's awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your poem I never saw you write apoem before until now!I love your poem.


    Janely $*************************

    ReplyDelete